Tsarphati
French Israel

Saturday, April 17, 2004

The game
Thanks to Terry Teachout, who is much more important in the blogosphere than I, for this game. It's simple.

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 23.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions. (And send the quotation to me, too.)

Result
The honest truth: equidistant from my hand when I read those instructions were Vayikra (the 3rd book of the Torah) and Jerusalem Architecture by David Kroyanker.

"VeSamakh eth yado a`l rosh ha-'hatath, veSha'hat otah le-'hatath bimekom asher yish'hat eth ha-o`lah" ["He is to lay his hand on its head and slaughter it for a sin offering at the place where the burnt offering is slaughtered."]
Vayikra 4:33

and

"In 1967 the Israeli government launched a huge twenty-year operation, investing vast resources to reconstruct the Jewish Quarter and solidify the Jewish national-political presence."
David Kroyanker

So that's how it works. Follow the instructions, send me your results, and I'll post them here.
PinḼas Ivri 22:48

0 Comments:

Post a Comment