Tsarphati
French Israel

Friday, April 16, 2004

I'm famous!
I have one line in this morning's HaAretz Anglo File by Sarah Bronson about anglophone bloggers in Israel. Sarah contacted me earlier this week asking all about my philosophy of blogging, and I poured my heart out to her. What I got in return was this not entirely accurate sentence:

Other than their generally right-wing leanings, Anglo-Israeli blogs are as varied as those who write them. For example, on treppenwitz.com, David Bogner muses humorously about his mid-life crisis, while at Tsarphati.blogspot.com, an American immigrant who is newly observant records his observations about the religious community, Judaism, and the Hebrew language.

Okay, not bad, just that
(a) I'm not newly observant, just newly Israeli and new to formal yeshivah studies (maybe that was it?),
(b) it's usually English or Yeshivish language usage I'm picking on, and
(c) I do have a name.

But those are small potatoes. The article had a much bigger scope, and I will ladoun lekof skhouth [give the benefit of the doubt] in this instance. And I hope it will attract some more readers who will evaluate the narrative on its own merits. So, thank you, author-of-this-article.
PinḼas Ivri 10:19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment